Sunday 18 March 2012

Autumn mists and fruitfulness!

Hi Everyone,

A rather poetic title, perhaps, but it will not be long before we change the clocks back for the winter and the weather has definitely changed for the worse - it has been a fair bit colder.  The sun has still been shining though, as you can see from the photo.  I have had a very busy time recently - went with Sarah and the boys and friends, Louise, Brent, Gillian, Eddie and Josh to Banks Peninsula where we stayed in a bach at Wainui, across the water from Akaroa.  Matt had to work that weekend!!  The boys tried their hand at fishing - no luck, while I mostly chatted.  Quite a surprise to you all, I know!

We returned home on my birthday and I received the best-ever present from the NZ Government - my residency.  Didn't stop smiling for at least 24 hours.  Now am getting my head around the tax system and new rules and regulations.  The passport now holds the new visa and I can go on holiday when I want - not when I am forced to.  Very happy!!!

I then had a lovely few days in Auckland with Margaret C, who was over from the UK visiting with Sarah, Simon, Jack and Millie.  More talking - it was great to see you all!  The weather wasn't too flash but also not so humid as the last time I was there.

It has been good to meet with Diane and Terry again - also here from the UK visiting family.

The family is well. Sarah and Matt's house has been sold and the new house is progressing well so moving in next month - so exciting for them.  Joe and Ben are getting into the swing of Soccer and Rugby seasons. Kate and Roy's house-remodelling is going to plan, floors done and windows being made - the kitchen will be the last bit on the agenda.  Scout camp for them all this weekend.  Annie and Malc still waiting for repairs to their house, as am I.  Olive did a wheelathon to help raise money for Kindy - she enjoyed it so much that she has done it again, although for free this time.  Elliot almost crawling and definitely wants to be walking.  Quick!  get the house toddler-proofed!!

I trust that you are all keeping well and that the Spring has well and truly sprung.  Time for you to get out in the garden and enjoy some warm sunshine.  Almost the equinox now so downhill for us to winter.  Do take care, everyone, and thanks for keeping in touch.

Love to you all, from Carol xxx

No comments: